Thursday, June 21, 2007

No, I'm not dead

Hi! Sorry it's been so long since I've written anything.

My last term of school was pretty busy. Because it's the hot season, our school schedule was changed to just mornings, six days a week. I continued to work in the afternoons anyway - it was a great chance to get a lot of kids familiarized with the computers. This was possible because we finally got a few working computers in the school library. I'd been struggling for two years with a couple of awful machines, so it was a huge relief to have something that worked for a change! I also continued with GMC, which wasn't nearly so painful this year. So the term's been quite full, and that combined with a broken computer in Aleg has made it pretty hard for me to find time on the internet!

I'm leaving Mauritania in under a month now! It's very exciting, though I will miss people I've gotten to know here. Everybody at my site wants me to stay for a third year - it's nice to feel loved. :) I'm looking forward to seeing everybody at home, probably sometime in August. Until then I'll be traveling around, hopefully. Casey's coming to visit me in Mauritania on the 5th of July, and Lou will arrive on the 9th. I can't wait to see them! We'll be going to Morocco, Spain, and France together.

Well, I should go eat some lunch, so I'll post again soon.... Don't even know if anybody will read this, since you probably all think I've stopped posting for good!

No comments: